I have the same issue, but its randomly.
Camera Problems
I am running W10 on a Surface Pro (5th Gen). My Camera's driver is an Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500 (30.15063.6.8611 - 12/3/2018) and Device Status: This device is working properly. My problem is my Microsoft Cameras, Front, IR Front and Rear (30.15063.6.8611
- 12/3/2018), all saying: This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. When trying to load my camera I get the error code: 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached> ~ I've researched online, went thru the tutorials, uninstalled/reinstalled...and still get the same results: error code: 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached>...suggestions?
Surface | Surface Pro | Sound and camera
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-07-08T08:28:15+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-07-08T01:15:15+00:00 Hi there,
I didn't install it since it seems it only lets me check which are the drivers installed for each device. It gives me the impression that creates more problems than solving them.
I re-fixed the problem same way as initially did before doing the updating part, and didn't solve it that time. That's why I decided to do the update, hoping Microsoft has figured out that these updates mess up with their devices. Have also turn off the auto-updates with gpedit. Will give it a try once again, manually and later with the Driver Booster.
I also noticed something: IR and Rear Camera (in Device Manager) are in "location" marked as "on Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller - 9D63" while the front Camera is on location "on Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller - 9D62". Front Camera works (of course), while the other two are down. The Intel (R) Control Logic (third instance) is also in location Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller - 9D63 (the other two are 9D61 and 9D62). I am guessing this guy is also related to the whole thing. So IR, and rear cameras, Intel (R) Control Logic (third instance), and Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller - 9D63 should all be causing this problem. All of them share the same driver (30.15063.6.8611), but the 9D63 (30.100.1816.3). Perhaps this should be the actual problem. However, the 9D62 has the same driver as the 9D63.
Will inform if I am successful doing something of what I mentioned.
UPDATE:
After several trials, nothing really fully worked. Had to do manual updates and was solved finally. I suggest to simply look for further updates until it's fixed. Bottom line: is not a physical problem, it's just faulty new updates.
-
Anonymous
2021-07-07T23:02:56+00:00 If you installed Driver Booster, make sure that you have followed my step #2. Beyond that, I would re-fix the problem and find a setting to turn off automatic updates for drivers. A Surface Pro 4 is pretty old. I'm guessing that further frustrations are on the horizon.
-
Anonymous
2021-07-07T20:56:33+00:00 This initially helped and corrected the problem, but now, after re-starting the Surface the problem came back. I did a couple of updates and then each update was correcting the issue, but then after hibernating or restarting the same problem was reappearing. Thus, I think it is a problem with the updates. Currently, my Surface Pro 4 is still dealing with no IR or rear camera working.
Any other ideas?
Cheers
J Diaz
-
Anonymous
2021-06-29T22:13:35+00:00 After trying everything else, this solution worked for me. All cameras are now functioning.
K. Wells