You can create an issue on my GitHub with a crash log and I will look for it.
Can surface pro x sq2 run Minecraft Java and install recent versions of OpenGL ?
I now that surface pro x can’t run several apps like Minecraft Java but now surface pro x has a new better processor it can run now run 64 bit apps and also surface pro x can now run games that uses OpenGl 3.3 but can i use recent versions of OpenGL on surface pro x sq2 ?
If surface pro x was able to use OpenGL 4.4 I think that it will run Minecraft Java because OpenGL 4.4 is recommended for running better Minecraft Java on some PC’s
Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-09-30T19:29:52+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-12-16T17:07:29+00:00 So now that Minecraft 1.18.1 is out, I needed to get it running on my Surface Pro X, as built-in support does not seem to be present still.
I went and took adiantek's 1.17.1 custom json file, and initially copied all the sections that reference the java graphics libraries (anything that starts with lwjgl- and having a download url from sso.sonatype.org instead of minecraft.net) to a copy of the 1.81.1 json file. While doing this I also noticed a reference to Java 17, so I went and got the most recent Java 17 ARM64 build from Microsoft and installed that.
I was very happy to see it load up and work just fine!
But then I realized that there might be newer versions of the Java graphics libraries available compared to what was available for ARM back in September. So copied the download url from the json file which took me to the Nexus Repository Manager, and sure enough, lwjgl 3.3.0 now has a release version (vs a snapshot) with all the arm64 native files included, dated Nov 15. I went and updated my 1.18.1-aarch64 json file with the new urls, file sizes, and SHA1 checksums. I'm not sure if it'll make much difference, but who knows. Might have a few bugs worked out.
For anyone else that wants to do this, I justed used Notepad++ to edit it. Note you'll want a plugin like JSTool or JSON Viewer to make it readable in a tree view (otherwise it's one ridiculously long line).
-
Anonymous
2021-12-16T18:17:26+00:00 wow, great work!
but it seems a lot of work to do.
Do you think that it is possible for you to post your 1.18.1 Arm64 *.json? or is it not allowed here?
thanks
-
Anonymous
2021-12-16T18:24:40+00:00 You can send pull request. I used vscode json formatter.
-
Anonymous
2021-12-16T19:24:48+00:00 I've got an open pull request (PremixedBones) to merge the 1.18.1-aarch64 folder into the base branch. It won't let me do it myself with the file within a folder. I had done it with just a file, but I reverted that and moved it inside the folder to keep it consistent. It says "Only those with write access to this repository can merge pull requests." Do you need to approve the request on your end?
Hopefully I did it correctly. I'm somewhat new to github, so it's possible I did something wrong.