Can surface pro x sq2 run Minecraft Java and install recent versions of OpenGL ?

Anonymous
2021-05-13T18:20:11+00:00

I now that surface pro x can’t run several apps like Minecraft Java but now surface pro x has a new better processor it can run now run 64 bit apps and also surface pro x can now run games that uses OpenGl 3.3 but can i use recent versions of OpenGL on surface pro x sq2 ? 

If surface pro x was able to use OpenGL 4.4 I think that it will run Minecraft Java because OpenGL 4.4 is recommended for running better Minecraft Java on some PC’s

Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-21T12:24:16+00:00

    DomFriant your surface pro x uses Microsoft sq1 cpu adreno 680 gpu I noticed it on the photos that you take in f3 but how many memory does it have ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-21T12:48:24+00:00

    DomFriant your surface pro x uses Microsoft sq1 cpu adreno 680 gpu I noticed it on the photos that you take in f3 but how many memory does it have ?

    Yeah, I got mine before the SQ2 came out. I got a 16G model. Though based on the F3 info, it's only using 600-700MB of the 2G of memory allocated to the game, so it shouldn't matter if you've got the 8G or 16G model. The SQ2's slightly faster CPU and GPU might give it a bit of an performance increase if that's what you've got.

    I didn't try 2 chucks I don't think, but I was playing around with 4 vs 6. Playing a normal survival game I didn't notice enough difference between 4 vs 6 to make it worth the more limited visibility so 6 seemed a good compromise. I may try 2 just to see what happens. That might work for playing something like bedwars on hypixel where speed might be more valuable than view distance since the arena is already rather small, unless it prevents me from seeing the enemy coming to my base :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-27T14:39:33+00:00

    Have you tried playing older versions of the game ? And see how they run.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-27T14:50:36+00:00

    It's impossible to run <1.17 (exactly <21w10a) versions due to OpenGL legacy version. It will be possible when Microsoft release OpenGL 2.0 to DirectX Compatibility Pack (personally I think they don't release, but it's only my opinion) or if somebody rewrite entire game to new OpenGL version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-16T10:38:37+00:00

    It's impossible to run <1.17 (exactly <21w10a) versions due to OpenGL legacy version. It will be possible when Microsoft release OpenGL 2.0 to DirectX Compatibility Pack (personally I think they don't release, but it's only my opinion) or if somebody rewrite entire game to new OpenGL version.

    I downloaded your aarch64.json file from github. But i don`t know, how i can start it in the actual launcher. When "new" install, there is no 1.17-aarch64 entry to select.

    your instruction says:

    Download 1.17-aarch64 / 1.17.1-aarch64 and put it into your .minecraft\versions\ directory.

    Do you mean in the root directory of versions?

    Run 1.17-aarch64 / 1.17.1-aarch64 from Minecraft Launcher using downloaded java (openjdk-aarch64) without any JVM Arguments (you can keep -Xmx2G).

    how can i run this 1.17-aarch64 in the original launcher? it is not in the list for a new install. Or have i simply to copy your json in root of versions and then run a "normal" new 1.17.1 installation?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments