When you find a way to gain performance in Minecraft try playing pvp games on servers like cubecraft or hypixel
I've played around with the settings some more, and this is what I've settled on that seems to give decent performance:


The resolution unfortunately results in black bars on the top and bottom, so I do wonder if there might be a better resolution for the Pro X's screen. Though it doesn't take long to stop noticing it.
I've played some on a "paper" minecraft server plus hypixel.net:


It's smooth and responsive enough for at least mod fighting and parkour challenges, but I haven't played a pvp game yet (I'm not all that great at minecraft pvp so I'm probably not a good test monkey for that).
At this point I'm pretty happy with it. When I upgraded to Windows 11 I thought I was going to be thrilled with finally getting access to the x64 emulation, but honestly being able to play Minecraft Java edition on it has pretty much made me forget about that (and technically you don't even have to switch to Windows 11 to get Minecraft working).