Can surface pro x sq2 run Minecraft Java and install recent versions of OpenGL ?

Anonymous
2021-05-13T18:20:11+00:00

I now that surface pro x can’t run several apps like Minecraft Java but now surface pro x has a new better processor it can run now run 64 bit apps and also surface pro x can now run games that uses OpenGl 3.3 but can i use recent versions of OpenGL on surface pro x sq2 ? 

If surface pro x was able to use OpenGL 4.4 I think that it will run Minecraft Java because OpenGL 4.4 is recommended for running better Minecraft Java on some PC’s

Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-05-11T18:35:58+00:00

    Hey guys long time no seen its been along time sense i created this reply and today i just remembered about it and it seems it is growing. DomFriant I don`t know if your still testing Minecraft java on your surface pro x you know to get more info about it plus i was curios to know if the surface pro 8 could run Minecraft java but im sure no one here has a surface pro 8 right ?

    Well, I wouldn't say I'm testing it, more that I'll play Minecraft Java on my Pro X if I'm out of town or otherwise away from my PC, since it works well enough for me. Currently running 1.18.2 just fine. Sure, it's not as smooth as my desktop PC, but I'm just thrilled it works. Not being able to run Minecraft Java was one of my few disappointments when I first bought the Pro X, as at the time I was hoping I could get it running via the x86 emulation, which it did not.

    And yes, you should be able to run Minecraft Java on a Pro 8 no problem. You shouldn't have to do anything special as the bundled Java is already native for Intel processors, and Intel has had OpenGL support in their GPU drivers for a long time now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-05-09T14:15:00+00:00

    Hey guys long time no seen its been along time sense i created this reply and today i just remembered about it and it seems it is growing. DomFriant I don`t know if your still testing Minecraft java on your surface pro x you know to get more info about it plus i was curios to know if the surface pro 8 could run Minecraft java but im sure no one here has a surface pro 8 right ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-21T04:04:26+00:00

    Have you tried playing older versions of the game ? And see how they run.

    I ran 1.8.9 with Optifine and have very stable 60 FPS on a single player (render distance 8, about 50% usage CPU and GPU). I used https://github.com/PojavLauncherTeam/lwjglx to migrate from legacy LWJGL, modified GlStateManager.java to calculate matrices on CPU, changed Tessellator.java to draw using VAO & VBO, implemented glFog on shaders (with https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenGL/extensions/NV/NV_fog_distance.txt support). I didn't port legacy glLight and texture matrices (used by enchantment glint and maybe block damage).

    https://github.com/adiantek/mc1.8.9-core

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-03T16:15:26+00:00

    wow, great work!

    but it seems a lot of work to do.

    Do you think that it is possible for you to post your 1.18.1 Arm64 *.json? or is it not allowed here?

    thanks

    The 1.18.1-aarch64.json is now adiantek's github with the prior two versions:

    https://github.com/adiantek/mc-spx

    Thanks for approving the pull request and merging it adiantek!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-12-16T19:26:25+00:00

    wow, great work!

    but it seems a lot of work to do.

    Do you think that it is possible for you to post your 1.18.1 Arm64 *.json? or is it not allowed here?

    thanks

    Yeah, it kind of is, especially if it's not something you do regularly. It's gotten easier now that I've done it a couple times, but I'm not expert. I'm attempting to add it to adiantek's github (see above post), so hopefully he'll see the merge request and it'll be there soon.

    I believe it's against forum rules to post direct file downloads from something like OneDrive or Google drive, and since adiantek already has a collection of Minecraft json files I think it makes sense to go this route.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments