Surface Pro 4 HUGE battery drain whilst off

Anonymous
2019-10-26T06:16:28+00:00

My surface pro 4 is currently losing around 20% charge overnight. This is a widely reported problem and I have tried all of the various suggested fixes - no improvement. 

MICROSOFT - WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS???

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-10T17:05:40+00:00

    Unfortunately disabling -Intel Management Engine Interface Driver" didn't work either. In fact it lead to fast battery drain in a single night it went down from 50 percent to 13% . So seems like there is no solution to it and Microsoft just don't care about Surface 4 Users at all since they want to push their newer products.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-10T17:15:12+00:00

    I've been searching online for some years now since the problem first appeared. Everything appears to have been tried. I will NEVER NEVER EVER buy any Microsoft hardware again.

    ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING TREATMENT OF THEIR CUSTOMERS!!! MICROSOFT SHAME ON YOU!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-14T06:11:33+00:00

    True .. I have also decided not to purchase Microsoft Hardware henceforth and not only that I am going to influence at least 10 people in my circle about it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-16T09:20:13+00:00

    Yesterday, after 48 hours without turning on the SP4, I checked how the battery went from 100% to 0%. Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't seem to have anything to say about it. This has made my SP4 useless. The smallest desktop computer ever seen ... A Microsoft tease to its users ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-16T10:02:25+00:00

    Yesterday, after 48 hours without turning on the SP4, I checked how the battery went from 100% to 0%. Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't seem to have anything to say about it. This has made my SP4 useless. The smallest desktop computer ever seen ... A Microsoft tease to its users ...

    Same for me :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments