Surface Pro 4 HUGE battery drain whilst off

Anonymous
2019-10-26T06:16:28+00:00

My surface pro 4 is currently losing around 20% charge overnight. This is a widely reported problem and I have tried all of the various suggested fixes - no improvement. 

MICROSOFT - WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS???

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-08T06:58:09+00:00

    Dear Karen

    As per my above answer  : "I have now performed a clean installof the Windows 10 May 2019 release and latest surface drivers. This was a complete wipe and reinstall - not an in-place upgrade.". ("Reset this PC" obviously wouldn't be this version of windows).

    So it was indeed a clean install from a USB flash drive of the latest Windows 10 version from the Microsoft website.

    I have disabled Fast Boot and tried various other tweaks (disable connected standby etc) - no change.

    My Surface is still losing around 20% charge overnight.

    Regards

    Russ

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-18T16:01:16+00:00

    So Microsoft, do you have any other ideas or is that it?

    I'm currently rather disappointed, both with this product and the poor level of customer support being provided.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-11-22T04:17:39+00:00

    Hi, we sent you a private message. Please check your email and reply back. 

    Thank you,

    Karen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-11-26T09:30:46+00:00

    My surface pro 4 is currently losing around 20% charge overnight. This is a widely reported problem and I have tried all of the various suggested fixes - no improvement. 

    MICROSOFT - WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS???

    Hi sorry to but in on this but I have been desperately searching for an answer to this problem for months. My Surface Pro 4 suffers the exact symptoms as described in this post. I have tried all the fixes shown from various sites including this one but nothing works. One possible logical assumption is this is something to do with the Intel Management System built in to the firmware releases of late. Are there any answers that will give some hope?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-11-26T09:42:19+00:00

    It's been a whole month now and Microsoft have finally me asked for some reports - battery and sleep report. Other than re-installing Windows they haven't made any other suggestions.

    So far, nothing I have tried has made any noticeable difference.

    Not impressed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments