Surface Pro 4 HUGE battery drain whilst off

Anonymous
2019-10-26T06:16:28+00:00

My surface pro 4 is currently losing around 20% charge overnight. This is a widely reported problem and I have tried all of the various suggested fixes - no improvement. 

MICROSOFT - WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS???

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-05T16:16:02+00:00

    I was hoping they would fix this - I was about to purchase more surface devices for our organization, but this will force us to look elsewhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-05T13:35:46+00:00

    Hi I did some more research and came across the following: 

    https://www.windowslatest.com/2019/09/25/microsoft-has-finally-resolved-surface-pro-battery-issues/

    It was suggesting that Insiders have been getting some new firmware to sort the battery drain problems.

    I did it slightly differently by joining the Slow Ring rather than the  Release Preview option, but surprise surprise along with the Preview version came a list of 25 driver and firmware updates.

    I am ready to test overnight and tomorrow to see if the battery drain when off problem is resolved and let you know.

    For interest my new wesion is Windows 10 Insider Preview 19033.1 (vb_release) and so far I have not experienced any issues.

    I will update with the result od testing.

    Ohh dear sorry to say this did not resolve the battery drain whilst shutdown. Still loosing around 10% over 12 hours. I had such high hopes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-04T20:55:58+00:00

    Hi I did some more research and came across the following: 

    https://www.windowslatest.com/2019/09/25/microsoft-has-finally-resolved-surface-pro-battery-issues/

    It was suggesting that Insiders have been getting some new firmware to sort the battery drain problems.

    I did it slightly differently by joining the Slow Ring rather than the  Release Preview option, but surprise surprise along with the Preview version came a list of 25 driver and firmware updates.

    I am ready to test overnight and tomorrow to see if the battery drain when off problem is resolved and let you know.

    For interest my new wesion is Windows 10 Insider Preview 19033.1 (vb_release) and so far I have not experienced any issues.

    I will update with the result od testing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-02T08:04:38+00:00

    Dear Karen

    I have posted 3 sets of battery reports now but there has been no response.

    This is a widely reported problem on both Surface Pro 4 and 6 models. This has been dragging on for well over a month now with zero progress thus far.

    Can someone at Microsoft PLEASE look into this apparent bug / major defect in your products and do something about it?

    Regards

    Russ

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-11-26T09:51:41+00:00

    It's been a whole month now and Microsoft have finally me asked for some reports - battery and sleep report. Other than re-installing Windows they haven't made any other suggestions.

    So far, nothing I have tried has made any noticeable difference.

    Not impressed!

    Thank you for the update. I will continue to monitor your posts in case of a breakthrough and continue my search. If I find anything new and positive I will let you know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments