Wow I did not know there are already 220 people around the world ( and who knows so many others who are not reporting it here) facing the same problem as I am on my Surface 4 . I saw a video on YouTube where the person is suggesting to disable "Intel Management Engine Interface Driver" . I am going to do this today and see if this makes any difference, will keep you all updated.
Surface Pro 4 HUGE battery drain whilst off
My surface pro 4 is currently losing around 20% charge overnight. This is a widely reported problem and I have tried all of the various suggested fixes - no improvement.
MICROSOFT - WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS???
Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2020-08-09T06:51:47+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-06-09T05:30:44+00:00 Hi! Same problem here. I bought surface pro 4 (Core i5, 8GB RAM 256GB SSD) from microsoft store in February, 2017. From late 2018 I've noticed a significant battery problem of my machine. When powered off & unplugged, the battery can drop from 100% to 0 in 3 days (fast boot is disabled). I've searched the internet for solutions and tried to fix it by myself by updating the firmware, reinstall windows10 and so on. Nothing worked.
Reset the machine doesn't do any good. I don't even know if the problem could be fixed via replace the battery unit. Haven't seen anyone tried this yet.
-
Anonymous
2020-05-18T10:12:20+00:00 Microsoft have clearly abandoned SP4 owners.
Such disgusting treatment of their customers.
Do not buy Microsoft hardware.
-
Anonymous
2020-05-17T13:12:56+00:00 Thanks George.
-
Anonymous
2020-05-17T13:05:32+00:00 Nothing gurther unfortunately.
George