Just wanted to confirm that I tired the fix listed above and it does not fix the issue. Turning off all filter / sticky keys AND changing the keyboard repeat and delay settings didn't help.
If anything, I had to hold the key down for a bit longer - 10 or so seconds, but after that it sticks and needs to be tapped to unstick.
Still waiting for a fix from MS...
After a few months this is still an issue.
Are there just not enough gamers using the Surface Pro for gaming?
I really wanted to use this for gaming, but after a few months with this keyboard glitch I'm seriously beginning to lose faith in a fix. The only way to trigger this is to REALLY use the keyboard, which we need to do. I've heard of so many terrible solutions and "fixes", but it seems as if they are coming from people that are simply just guessing or have never encountered this issue before.
Microsoft, if any of you are reading this... please fix this issue. We're begging you for a real fix.