Keyboard gets 'stuck' after 5 seconds while playing games...

Anonymous
2013-12-20T14:04:08+00:00

And since a lot of games use AWSD for movement, this is a problem.

Basically - for example - playing Minecraft, when running forward (w) if you hold the w key down for 5 seconds, it'll 'stick' - and you can let go of the keyboard, and you will continue moving forward until you hit w again.  This also happened in several other games (Star Wars the Old Republic; Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2 (I think - I'm not sure it happened there...  But regardless).

I've tried turning off all the sticky keys - filter keys - all that stuff; I can't find any way of stopping this so far.  Is it maybe a defective keyboard?  Or just a 'flaw' in the design?

Thanks.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-10T00:43:53+00:00

    Hello all

    We are aware of this and do understand your continued frustration.  Further details will be delivered throughThis Post.

    Best regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-03T09:19:06+00:00

    Sooooo... Hey MS - why has nothing been done about this yet?  I'm a patient man, but c'mon already....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-14T03:13:27+00:00

    I'd have to agree with you on that one. I'm so loving the product but this one catch sends it to oblivion... Microsoft is so disappointing. This is not a cheap product. I have the 512gb version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-23T06:48:26+00:00

    So the fan gave out on my Surface Pro 2 and I was able to exchange it for a brand new one. I was so eager to be able to watch videos and play games (couldn't do that when my Surface's fan developed a serious issue). I eagerly went into World of Warcraft and the keys would randomly stick under intense gameplay. **I'm still having the same problem.**At this point, let's all just move on and realize that Microsoft isn't going to fix this one. It's been an issue for the entire lifespan of the Surface Pro 2, which was just replaced by the Pro 3. Oh well....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-06-23T06:23:42+00:00

    This is a >$100 keyboard and this is so desperate whenever I want to play an fps game. And I am still experiencing other bugs with the surface pro such as non-responding cursor and bluetooth pairing issue with my Lumia WP8 (God, not even working with their own device). We are just like a tester with Mircosoft's products.......

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments