I'm pretty much done with my Surface Pro 2. What a terrible product...
Keyboard gets 'stuck' after 5 seconds while playing games...
And since a lot of games use AWSD for movement, this is a problem.
Basically - for example - playing Minecraft, when running forward (w) if you hold the w key down for 5 seconds, it'll 'stick' - and you can let go of the keyboard, and you will continue moving forward until you hit w again. This also happened in several other games (Star Wars the Old Republic; Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2 (I think - I'm not sure it happened there... But regardless).
I've tried turning off all the sticky keys - filter keys - all that stuff; I can't find any way of stopping this so far. Is it maybe a defective keyboard? Or just a 'flaw' in the design?
Thanks.
Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2014-06-06T23:59:30+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-06-06T23:58:56+00:00 I can reproduce this error on a Windows 8.1 Pro 64 PC with Microsoft Arc keyboard. It is not limited to the Surface Pro 2. It takes exactly five seconds for a key to "stick", and it will remain that way until tapped again.
You're talking about the StickyKeys function in Windows. This problem is an entirely different beast.
-
Anonymous
2014-06-06T23:50:47+00:00 I can reproduce this error on a Windows 8.1 Pro 64 PC with Microsoft Arc keyboard. It is not limited to the Surface Pro 2. It takes exactly five seconds for a key to "stick", and it will remain that way until tapped again.
-
Anonymous
2014-05-22T05:54:32+00:00 Luca - since you apparently know what is causing the problem, why not tell them how to fix it. You don't know what causes the problem? Well that's what they're investigating.
-
Anonymous
2014-05-22T04:20:35+00:00 Greetings all,
We are still investigating this issue and hope to make progress soon.
What's there still to "investigate"? This thread started on Dec 20, and people here have said since March 3 that the solution is to disable the Microsoft Input Configuration Device (which has very little side effects): go find the person who wrote it wrong already. On the spectrum of zero-to-Apple attention-to-detail you know where you have been standing. We are now at the third generation, and I bet the Surface Pro 3 has the keyboard bug too, so good luck with "replacing laptops".
Listen to this guy: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfpro2-surfhardware/sticking-keys-workaround/44f96c86-d653-407a-a694-86acfa53cda0