Hello, strange this post that disappear.
The workaround that a user has explained, is to limit maximum speed of the processor at 95% in the configuration panel.
That works for me, but I prefer to have maximum performances instead of no overheating.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I have purchased a brand new Surface Pro 8 from Microsoft website, it has 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD in USA. Since when I purchased it, I am having some hitting issue. After only half an hour of regular usage, the Surface is becoming hotter. An more importantly, overheating is happening when the charger (official charger that came with it) is connected. Initially I felt it by touching with hand. Later, I have checked the core temperatures using Core Temp 1.17.1 (a free software). When the charger is not connected, the temperature is remaining around 45 degree C, sometimes a bit higher and lower than that. While this itself was to a bit hotter side, the temperature increased an became around 50 to 55 degree C when I connected the charger, and that happened just after five minutes of connecting the charger with regular use like YouTube video playing, web browsing in 10-15 tabs. Even sometimes I saw more than 60 degree C when the charger is connected.
I spent around 2500 USD for this device, and feeling unlucky in seeing such heating issue in a high-end latest device by Microsoft. Any solution from experienced people and Microsoft is highly appreciated.
Zobaer Islam
>>Edited post to remove PII
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello, strange this post that disappear.
The workaround that a user has explained, is to limit maximum speed of the processor at 95% in the configuration panel.
That works for me, but I prefer to have maximum performances instead of no overheating.
Thanks for your kind reply!
I didn’t solve it, it fell off of my lap again and Microsoft is sending me one now.
The truth is, I have the same problem just from playing fortnite for 3 minutes. I understand that the surface pro 8 relies on a fanless cooling system, but any other cheap laptop is better than this! ngl i regret buying this
Same. But today I had like 2 programs running discord and word and it was so hot.