Not sure what you meant but if you search Amazon for USB Fan you should find this one. Hope it helps you.
Overheating issue in the new Surface Pro 8: getting even hotter when charger is connected
Hi,
I have purchased a brand new Surface Pro 8 from Microsoft website, it has 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD in USA. Since when I purchased it, I am having some hitting issue. After only half an hour of regular usage, the Surface is becoming hotter. An more importantly, overheating is happening when the charger (official charger that came with it) is connected. Initially I felt it by touching with hand. Later, I have checked the core temperatures using Core Temp 1.17.1 (a free software). When the charger is not connected, the temperature is remaining around 45 degree C, sometimes a bit higher and lower than that. While this itself was to a bit hotter side, the temperature increased an became around 50 to 55 degree C when I connected the charger, and that happened just after five minutes of connecting the charger with regular use like YouTube video playing, web browsing in 10-15 tabs. Even sometimes I saw more than 60 degree C when the charger is connected.
I spent around 2500 USD for this device, and feeling unlucky in seeing such heating issue in a high-end latest device by Microsoft. Any solution from experienced people and Microsoft is highly appreciated.
Zobaer Islam
>>Edited post to remove PII
Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-05-18T14:15:43+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-05-18T12:56:10+00:00 What kind of USB fan did you but? A model?
-
Anonymous
2022-05-10T18:02:40+00:00 After so much frustration with overheating I found, what works for me, is a USB Fan. I found it quite easily on Amazon and so far it works great. I use it whenever I am going to be using my SP7 for any extended periods and if there is a big update being installed.
Knock on wood, it has so far fixed my overheating problem. So much so that I went and purchased a cover to keep my SP7 safe incase of dropping or bumping or from scratches, all good so far.
All of the useless fixes given by Microsoft or their Representatives will not fix the overheating issues, if they were really concerned for their consumers they would have done something more substantial by now.
Buyer beware......................
-
Anonymous
2022-05-10T16:48:43+00:00 I purchased the MS SP 8 about 4 months ago and am experiencing similar issues even when lid is closed and charging overnight. what the heck!
-
Anonymous
2022-04-19T06:33:12+00:00 This is such a BS comment to make. There are so many customers who are concerned about the overheating issue and support gives such poor and political responses that mean nothing. They do not help or fix the overheating problems. They are hiding behind the so called standards that obviously are not high enough to prevent the overheating issue. It is obvious by the numbers of customers complaining about overheating that Microsoft should have corrected this problem back in Surface pro 4 or earlier, but they have not.
Now in the Surface 8 customers are complaining about the loud fan noise and still (even with a fan) overheating problems.
I know that I will not purchase anything from Microsoft again and will be on Facebook in minutes telling my friends to tell their friends to not buy Microsoft until they man-up and resolve Surface Pro Users problems. Microsoft has been such a let down, especially for this expensive Surface Pro Series.