2/17 firmware update installed, but when I look in Device Manager in the firmware section, I get Code 10

Anonymous
2016-02-20T02:36:42+00:00

Split from this thread.

You may THINK that you have the updates installed but you may NOT:

BUT:

I tried reboots, re-installs, and everything else, but the updates fail to start.

Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-24T13:48:15+00:00

    I have been doing application testing on the Surface 4/W10 for two weeks and had this exact problem. When I first received the machine, I turned off Secure Boot and TPM in BIOS/Setup, (habit I guess).

    Turning both Secure Boot and TPM back on, and installing the latest firmware update solved the problem.

    The Surface was able to apply the firmware updates, and restart properly. All device drivers are applied, and devices are enabled.

    The firmware updates apparently assume that Secure Boot and TPM are in the out of box state to be successful.

    Just sharing...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-24T14:05:07+00:00

    Thanks for sharing this. I appreciate it.

    I have tried both ways without success: secure boot and TPM both off, and both on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-24T15:39:46+00:00

    Tried this too.   No go!  It flashes the red bar for a split second, then goes back to the failed install procedure.  After 2 reboots I still get code 10 and the firmware is not installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-24T16:29:57+00:00

    I have a SP4

    here are the infos:

    Embedded Controller: Last Status: C0000058 / Last Version: 19CE0D00

    Management Engine: no such properties

    System Aggregator: no such properties

    Surface UEFI: no such properties

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-02-24T19:46:20+00:00

    ReSurfaceMan and others with the Code 10 in Device Manager for the Surface Firmware components, can you let me know some more details. For each item with a Code 10 error, double-click it to open Properties and then from the Details tab, select the "Firmware Last Attempt Status” and the “Firmware Last Attempt Version” properties from the drop down and let me know the corresponding values.

    Thanks,

    Greg

    Surface Management Engine

    Firmware resource last attempt status: 

    NA

    Firmware resource last attempt version:

    NA

    Surface System Aggregator Firmware

    Firmware resource last attempt status:

    Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is not one known by the service. It may be a more recent revision than the service is aware of.

    C0000058

    Firmware resource last attempt version:

    1610E501

    Surface UEFI

    Firmware resource last attempt status: 

    Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is not one known by the service. It may be a more recent revision than the service is aware of.

    C0000058

    Firmware resource last attempt version:

    1610F700

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments