2/17 firmware update installed, but when I look in Device Manager in the firmware section, I get Code 10

Anonymous
2016-02-20T02:36:42+00:00

Split from this thread.

You may THINK that you have the updates installed but you may NOT:

BUT:

I tried reboots, re-installs, and everything else, but the updates fail to start.

Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-22T17:01:18+00:00

    I will check it out and see. I'm more worried if it actually did install because it hasn't fixed the sleep problem. Still draining 4 to 5 percent per hour when in sleep mode.

    Also even if the firmware is up to date how does that explain the old driver dates on the Intel and Nvidia display adapters?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-22T17:08:43+00:00

    Here's a screen shot of my firmware screen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-22T17:11:27+00:00

    The 2/17 firmware versions are:

    EC       88.899.256.0  SurfaceEC.inf  

    ME       11.0.0.1202   SurfaceME.inf  

    SAM      88.1081.257.0 SurfaceSAM.inf 

    Touch    1.0.0.0       SurfaceTouch.inf

    UEFI     88.1085.768.0 SurfaceUEFI.inf

    So YES you have the latest running.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-22T17:39:55+00:00

    ReSurfaceMan and others with the Code 10 in Device Manager for the Surface Firmware components, can you let me know some more details. For each item with a Code 10 error, double-click it to open Properties and then from the Details tab, select the "Firmware Last Attempt Status” and the “Firmware Last Attempt Version” properties from the drop down and let me know the corresponding values.

    Thanks,

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-02-22T19:37:39+00:00

    Not sure if this will help but it just fixed a few issues for me.  There is a newer release of the drivers and firmware files at the following link:

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49497

    Not sure if Windows Updates will pull these files or not.  I manually downloaded.  I had to do a few tricky steps but in the end all my drivers came back OK.  Worth a shot. 

    I would start with the update driver function on each.  Then do the two button shutdown.  When it comes back up check again and if there are still unloaded drivers do the scan for hardware changes.

    Hope this helps!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments