2/17 firmware update installed, but when I look in Device Manager in the firmware section, I get Code 10

Anonymous
2016-02-20T02:36:42+00:00

Split from this thread.

You may THINK that you have the updates installed but you may NOT:

BUT:

I tried reboots, re-installs, and everything else, but the updates fail to start.

Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-22T01:45:03+00:00

    I don't get a Code 10 on the device drivers however the dates on them are older.

    Also the dates on my drivers for the Display Adapters are old as well, the Intel GPU is from January and the Nvidia GPU is from December.

    I installed the firmware update from February but didn't seem to fix the sleep issue as battery still drains a lot when asleep.

    Question is did my firmware actually install properly? Judging by driver dates and the fact that sleep is still broken, I don't think so.

    Also when I download the latest firmware to install manually, the dates on them are from December?

    When is Microsoft going to get their **** together?

    Anyone else having same issues?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-22T09:21:42+00:00

    Question is did my firmware actually install properly? Judging by driver dates and the fact that sleep is still broken, I don't think so.

    To see the actual firmware version (not the driver version), shutdown the system, then press power+vol up to enter System UEFI. There you can see the firmware version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-22T09:31:37+00:00

    Your firmware version is very old. Did your SB firmware ever updated successfully? If it has never updated, it could be a hardware failure. If I were you, I would go to a Microsoft Store and ask for a replace.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-22T11:28:23+00:00

    Well I have 2 SB with the same problem.  One is an i7 and the other an i5.  I purchased them through Amazon at 3 months apart. So I doubt that they have the same HW issue and are unable to update the firmware.  I applied all the updates as soon as they were released, but I guess they don't complete the installation so that is why my bios is so old in the chip....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-02-22T16:32:01+00:00

    Question is did my firmware actually install properly? Judging by driver dates and the fact that sleep is still broken, I don't think so.

    To see the actual firmware version (not the driver version), shutdown the system, then press power+vol up to enter System UEFI. There you can see the firmware version. 

    Here is a picture of what you directed.  How do we know if this was the latest?  There's no dates listed just version numbers (I hate the fact that the pics show up sideways)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments