2/17 firmware update installed, but when I look in Device Manager in the firmware section, I get Code 10

Anonymous
2016-02-20T02:36:42+00:00

Split from this thread.

You may THINK that you have the updates installed but you may NOT:

BUT:

I tried reboots, re-installs, and everything else, but the updates fail to start.

Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-19T04:38:03+00:00

    Split from this thread.

    Are you sure the firmware updates installed successfully?  Mine reports a firmware update installed, but when I look in Device Manager in the firmware section, I get:

    "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

    Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is not one known by the service. It may be a more recent revision than the service is aware of."

    No way to fix this.  I tried, reboots, re-installs, hard boots, manual firmware installs, downloading the MSI and zip files.... nada.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-19T04:37:17+00:00

    Split from this thread.

    Are you sure the updates installed successfully?  Mine reports a firmware update installed, but when I look in Device Manager in the firmware section, I get:

    "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

    Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is not one known by the service. It may be a more recent revision than the service is aware of."

    No way to fix this.  I tried, reboots, re-installs, hard boots, manual firmware installs, downloading the MSI and zip files.... nada.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-02T18:35:18+00:00

    Hey ReSurfaceMan I have a question for you. Do you have a software theft protection software installed on your Surface like Lojack for laptops? I don't know if it breaks something in the firmware but since I have reinstalled Windows 10 I can't test it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-02-02T17:07:30+00:00

    I had the same problem as ReSurfaceMan. I got it resolved by reinstalling windows. The update installed successfully after.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments