2/17 firmware update installed, but when I look in Device Manager in the firmware section, I get Code 10

Anonymous
2016-02-20T02:36:42+00:00

Split from this thread.

You may THINK that you have the updates installed but you may NOT:

BUT:

I tried reboots, re-installs, and everything else, but the updates fail to start.

Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-24T14:05:07+00:00

    Thanks for sharing this. I appreciate it.

    I have tried both ways without success: secure boot and TPM both off, and both on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-24T13:48:15+00:00

    I have been doing application testing on the Surface 4/W10 for two weeks and had this exact problem. When I first received the machine, I turned off Secure Boot and TPM in BIOS/Setup, (habit I guess).

    Turning both Secure Boot and TPM back on, and installing the latest firmware update solved the problem.

    The Surface was able to apply the firmware updates, and restart properly. All device drivers are applied, and devices are enabled.

    The firmware updates apparently assume that Secure Boot and TPM are in the out of box state to be successful.

    Just sharing...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-24T03:24:02+00:00

    I have seen this same issue two months in a row with monthly firmware updates.

    In January, I tried updating with Windows Update on two different Surface Books and saw the same errors as others are seeing in this thread.

    I did a clean install and was able to update.

    With this latest update, I decided to try the msi which was published yesterday. I am again seeing the same errors. I have tried everything mentioned in this thread without any luck.

    Any ideas before having to do another clean install? Is there any information I can provide to assist?

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2016-02-23T20:16:06+00:00

    I was able to get the ME firmware to update by uninstalling it from Device Manager and rebooting (twice) without uninstalling the busted System Aggregator entry (it seems if you uninstall both it tries to do the SA first then fails and gives up).

    However, even with the ME updated, I still can't get the SA update to succeed. It starts with a small amount of the progress bar filled, then ~30 seconds later gives up.

    I also tried installing the MSI (downloaded today) and it didn't help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments