Here's a screen shot of my firmware screen.
2/17 firmware update installed, but when I look in Device Manager in the firmware section, I get Code 10
Split from this thread.
You may THINK that you have the updates installed but you may NOT:
BUT:
I tried reboots, re-installs, and everything else, but the updates fail to start.
Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-02-22T17:08:43+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-02-22T17:01:18+00:00 I will check it out and see. I'm more worried if it actually did install because it hasn't fixed the sleep problem. Still draining 4 to 5 percent per hour when in sleep mode.
Also even if the firmware is up to date how does that explain the old driver dates on the Intel and Nvidia display adapters?
-
Anonymous
2016-02-22T16:32:01+00:00 Question is did my firmware actually install properly? Judging by driver dates and the fact that sleep is still broken, I don't think so.
To see the actual firmware version (not the driver version), shutdown the system, then press power+vol up to enter System UEFI. There you can see the firmware version.
Here is a picture of what you directed. How do we know if this was the latest? There's no dates listed just version numbers (I hate the fact that the pics show up sideways)
-
Anonymous
2016-02-22T11:28:23+00:00 Well I have 2 SB with the same problem. One is an i7 and the other an i5. I purchased them through Amazon at 3 months apart. So I doubt that they have the same HW issue and are unable to update the firmware. I applied all the updates as soon as they were released, but I guess they don't complete the installation so that is why my bios is so old in the chip....
-
Anonymous
2016-02-22T09:31:37+00:00 Your firmware version is very old. Did your SB firmware ever updated successfully? If it has never updated, it could be a hardware failure. If I were you, I would go to a Microsoft Store and ask for a replace.