2/17 firmware update installed, but when I look in Device Manager in the firmware section, I get Code 10

Anonymous
2016-02-20T02:36:42+00:00

Split from this thread.

You may THINK that you have the updates installed but you may NOT:

BUT:

I tried reboots, re-installs, and everything else, but the updates fail to start.

Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-21T06:50:51+00:00

    What is the firmware version shown in the boot-up BIOS screen?

    Can you please write it down or take a photo?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-20T15:08:15+00:00

    I am running Win 10 Pro, Version 1511 OS Build 10586.104 and have the exact same problem following Feb 17 update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-20T06:37:50+00:00

    I have 3 SBs: 2 run Win10 Enterprise Build 10586.104.  These two have the problem with getting the firmware update to install.

    The third one Win 10 Pro also 10586.104.  This one installed and started fine.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-02-19T20:05:54+00:00

    Hi ReSurfaceMan, can you let me know what your version of Windows is. Run winver and let me know what it says there for your version and OS build. Can also see this through Settings> System> About.

    Thanks,

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments