I still love all the features and the performance to form factor. But I won’t buy another one based on the terrible battery life. It’s absolutely terrible. I will be buying an actual laptop.
Surface Pro 7 (i7, 16GB, 512GB) - Battery Life?
I picked up a Surface Pro 7 on launch but I'm really struggling with the battery life, with light usage (a few office apps and a few tabs in Edge) I'm struggling to get more than 5 hours, even with Battery Saving mode on, brightness at around 20-25 and nothing running the back ground.
I've updated everything to it latest version, surely I should be seeing better battery life than this?
Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-05-20T20:15:30+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-06-22T02:57:40+00:00 Hello I was needing help I tried doing everything I believe I did it all right the instuction you put out but I lost 20 percent in just less than an hour
-
Anonymous
2020-06-24T05:26:55+00:00 Trying running the below power efficiency diagnostic report and see what it tells you.
https://www.isumsoft.com/windows-10/get-power-efficiency-diagnostics-report-for-window-10-pc.html
Also, check for corrupted files by following the below:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Command Prompt, and right-click or press and hold Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the list of results. Select Run as administrator, and then select Yes.
- Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space before each "/"), and then press Enter. (Note: This step may take a few minutes to start and up to 30 minutes to complete.)
- After you see a message that says "The operation completed successfully," type sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/") and press Enter.
- After you see a message that says, "Verification 100% complete," type exit.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker
Finally did you instill the Windows 10 May 2020 update? That may be causing problems as well.
Hope the above helps...
-
Anonymous
2020-06-24T10:50:41+00:00 Thank you for the suggestions. Fortunately, everything looks clean but the battery life is still 3-4 hours on battery. Very disappointed with the advertised life on battery and actual. I knew actual would be less but was hoping for 8 and 6 as a min....
-
Anonymous
2020-06-25T15:14:16+00:00 Call Microsoft and request a replacement. Stop wasting your time. Just tell them you want a replacement and if they ask what the issue is let them know.