Surface Pro 7 (i7, 16GB, 512GB) - Battery Life?

Anonymous
2019-11-04T13:14:39+00:00

I picked up a Surface Pro 7 on launch but I'm really struggling with the battery life, with light usage (a few office apps and a few tabs in Edge) I'm struggling to get more than 5 hours, even with Battery Saving mode on, brightness at around 20-25 and nothing running the back ground.

I've updated everything to it latest version, surely I should be seeing better battery life than this?

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2019-12-04T14:59:33+00:00

    >Are there any news on an update or whether it's even possible to fix it?

    >

    I don't have answers to either question. I'm an unpaid volunteer and a customer

    like you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-11T02:01:31+00:00

    Hi

    I've been having same problem - I did a full fresh start reinstall but made no difference. 5.5 hours is maximum I can get using Power Saver mode. Everything I've read online I've found no-one getting better than 5-6 hours.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-02T23:46:24+00:00

    Any updates on this Issue? I'm considering returning my Suface Pro 7.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-06T00:17:13+00:00

    On a brand new Surface 7 Pro (i5 16 Gb), at 50% brightness, all updates installed, windows build 1909, I got 5.5 hours with Wi-Fi on, browsing, 1-2 hours of youtube, some coding in ssh terminal. Requested a return... I'll do a few more runs this week before sending it back, but for now it's quite poor battery life.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-21T19:45:14+00:00

    Hi ,

    I bought on the last "black friday" a Surface Pro 7 i5 16gb 256 gb .... 

    I have just started to use it often and ... is a mess.

    Few hours then stop... battery draining is unbelievable... 

    I have last updates on OS and Firmware but no real benefits.

    Now I disabled the connection to network when in suspend mode (or it was even a mess).

    How is possible that Windows advertise for 10 hrs ... we all have chosen Microsoft instead of a competitor for this reason among others.

    How can we have a formal feedback from Microsoft and a solution?

    Some friends with IPAD Pro are happy, should we move to Apple products?

    Can we have a real fix?

    Thanks

    PS: Does Microsoft wrote the right thing in their site? because we are near or less then half the advertised target value.

    <<...

    [1] Battery life 

    Surface Pro 7: Up to 10.5 hours of battery life based on typical Surface device usage. Testing conducted by Microsoft in September 2019 using preproduction software and preproduction Intel® Core™ i5, 256GB, 8 GB RAM device. Testing consisted of full battery discharge with a mixture of active use and modern standby. The active use portion consists of (1) a web browsing test accessing 8 popular websites over multiple open tabs, (2) a productivity test utilizing Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, and (3) a portion of time with the device in use with idle applications. All settings were default except screen brightness was set to 150nits with Auto-Brightness disabled. Wi-Fi was connected to a network. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage and other factors.

    >>

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments