Surface Pro 7 (i7, 16GB, 512GB) - Battery Life?

Anonymous
2019-11-04T13:14:39+00:00

I picked up a Surface Pro 7 on launch but I'm really struggling with the battery life, with light usage (a few office apps and a few tabs in Edge) I'm struggling to get more than 5 hours, even with Battery Saving mode on, brightness at around 20-25 and nothing running the back ground.

I've updated everything to it latest version, surely I should be seeing better battery life than this?

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-24T18:20:12+00:00

    Hey,

    I just bought the Surface Pro 7 i5 128gb version. This is my first Surface and I absolutely love it. But the problem is, I am also struggling to get more than 5 hours of battery life with just surfing on edge and using Microsoft word mostly. I downloaded the latest firmware and drivers but nothing has changed. I wanted to try the solution you posted but wanted to make sure, does the HD video have to be downloaded on the surface or can I play one from online? If the battery life doesn't improve I will most likely have to return this and go with something that gives me a bit more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-18T22:20:20+00:00

    Hi

    Thanks for the details. So far, we have a progress on your concern by Karen's suggestions as you have mentioned. We hope your issue was being fix by now already.

    Please keep us posted.

    Regards,

    Edd

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-11-12T00:34:06+00:00

    Hi

    That's good to hear, HeyCori. Please do update us. Also, if you don't mind we would like to know on what  are those updates that you uninstalled. 

    Please keep us posted.

    Regards,

    Edd

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-11-11T12:16:53+00:00

    Battery seems to be better after uninstalling those updates.  I'll monitor it before going through all those steps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments