Surface Pro 7 (i7, 16GB, 512GB) - Battery Life?

Anonymous
2019-11-04T13:14:39+00:00

I picked up a Surface Pro 7 on launch but I'm really struggling with the battery life, with light usage (a few office apps and a few tabs in Edge) I'm struggling to get more than 5 hours, even with Battery Saving mode on, brightness at around 20-25 and nothing running the back ground.

I've updated everything to it latest version, surely I should be seeing better battery life than this?

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2019-12-04T14:59:33+00:00

    >Are there any news on an update or whether it's even possible to fix it?

    >

    I don't have answers to either question. I'm an unpaid volunteer and a customer

    like you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-04T07:54:12+00:00

    Are there any news on an update or whether it's even possible to fix it? 

    I'm not going to keep my Surface Pro 7 i7 if 4-5 hours of OneNote is all I get. This thing is a failure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2019-11-29T10:21:32+00:00

    There are many other people reporting 5-6 hours battery life.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-11-29T02:00:56+00:00

    Hi 哉萌 & Kkabir,

    Thanks for your post, if the steps that we provided won't work, please proceed on doing a Reset or a Recovery Image on your Surface Device, perhaps it's a software issue on your Surface devices.

    Doing RESET (keep my files) on your device is advisable. Since your concern only shows up during long time usage.

    • This option uses the devices Hard Drive Partition to reimage the device.
    • This option can delete personal data (the customer can choose Keep my files or Remove everything).
    • It will need to reinstall desktop apps.
    • It will need to run updates upon completion.
    • If there is an issue with the partition, the issue may still occur after the reset.

    If doing Reset won't help, you may proceed on doing a Recovery Image.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023512/surface-creating-and-using-a-usb-recovery-drive

    Please let us know if that helps.

    Regards,

    Edd

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-11-26T06:59:29+00:00

    I own an i7 16Gb 512Gb

    cannot use around all day

    full-load may sustain around 5-6 hours

    power save mode improve little

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments