how did you unistall this firmware? Microsoft says that there is no way to unistall old firmware. also, how did you install another firmware for your device I tried that the screen turns to black then my surface recover itself back .
Surface Pro 7 (i7, 16GB, 512GB) - Battery Life?
I picked up a Surface Pro 7 on launch but I'm really struggling with the battery life, with light usage (a few office apps and a few tabs in Edge) I'm struggling to get more than 5 hours, even with Battery Saving mode on, brightness at around 20-25 and nothing running the back ground.
I've updated everything to it latest version, surely I should be seeing better battery life than this?
Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-04-19T09:40:28+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-03-30T17:56:53+00:00 You are absolutely correct. You can leave the device with the screen on for about 9 hours, but the moment you start using it, the drain on the battery is noticeable.
It's funny how Microsoft has yet to notice any issues with the SP7. It leads me to believe those who purchased the SP7 are actually the testers.
-
Anonymous
2020-03-30T17:44:39+00:00 I have the i5 256gb model. and I too get barely 5 hours out of it. I am currently teaching from home because of the coronavirus and only use gmail and google classroom. No streaming or anything intensive. It goes FAST! it is a shame. I really like this device.
I use this device to edit video (even 4k) with premiere and edit photos with lightroom and photoshop. I have DAWs for music making and editing music. Everything runs as I want it (pretty much).
But the battery life when I am not doing any of those things is atrocious.When the machine is idle, doing nothing, then maybe it will get 8-10 hours. But otherwise, forget it. You wont be able to take this anywhere without the charger or a power bank.
-
Anonymous
2020-03-01T05:01:53+00:00 I guess there's still the possibility that Microsoft will do right by its customers.
Dare to dream..
-
Anonymous
2020-02-29T15:05:03+00:00 Same thing here...Severe battery draining issues. And surface can't handle Microsoft Teams !!! :D Hilarious serious after spending so much money they can't make their own product run flawlessly. Chrome more than 5 tabs, my surface freezes and crashes. Just wow Microsoft.
My Config:
Surface 7 - i5 256gb