Care to share the information on the other issues you are experiencing with the Surface Pro 7?
Surface Pro 7 (i7, 16GB, 512GB) - Battery Life?
I picked up a Surface Pro 7 on launch but I'm really struggling with the battery life, with light usage (a few office apps and a few tabs in Edge) I'm struggling to get more than 5 hours, even with Battery Saving mode on, brightness at around 20-25 and nothing running the back ground.
I've updated everything to it latest version, surely I should be seeing better battery life than this?
Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-02-10T08:53:35+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-02-10T08:23:17+00:00 I have the i5 Surface Pro 7 and my battery is even worse. I can charge to 100%, unplug, and just do light internet browsing only with brightness at 50% and by the three hour mark I'm down to 20%. That's with Power Saver on the entire time.
I have a Lenovo ThinkPad that's three and a half years old and I get almost double the battery life out of that. Very disappointing, especially considering the other issues I have had with the device.
-
Anonymous
2020-02-06T20:25:43+00:00 Hi there, is there any news on how to fix the battery life issue?
On full power, video editing, I am at around 2.5h battery life - even if for this use case, highest performance is needed, it still is fairly poor. (i7, 16GB, 256GB)
On battery-saver mode, just using a browser to surf the web I'm at around 5.5h - what's up Microsoft?
I tried several things from uninstalling non required programs to drivers and reinstalling updates. Can't really tell the difference to before. Any insights?
-
Anonymous
2020-01-25T13:46:03+00:00 I agree with all concerning battery drain. I got rid of my laptop and ipad to have one device and while I love so many features, the battery life becomes a hard stop. I miss my ipad now. I've had to buy an external battery to charge on the go and this just seems so unnecessary. I only use the system for 365 type of administration work. I rarely use anything like youtube or movie watching and never game ever...
Please help MS.
-
Anonymous
2020-01-21T19:45:14+00:00 Hi ,
I bought on the last "black friday" a Surface Pro 7 i5 16gb 256 gb ....
I have just started to use it often and ... is a mess.
Few hours then stop... battery draining is unbelievable...
I have last updates on OS and Firmware but no real benefits.
Now I disabled the connection to network when in suspend mode (or it was even a mess).
How is possible that Windows advertise for 10 hrs ... we all have chosen Microsoft instead of a competitor for this reason among others.
How can we have a formal feedback from Microsoft and a solution?
Some friends with IPAD Pro are happy, should we move to Apple products?
Can we have a real fix?
Thanks
PS: Does Microsoft wrote the right thing in their site? because we are near or less then half the advertised target value.
<<...
[1] Battery life
Surface Pro 7: Up to 10.5 hours of battery life based on typical Surface device usage. Testing conducted by Microsoft in September 2019 using preproduction software and preproduction Intel® Core™ i5, 256GB, 8 GB RAM device. Testing consisted of full battery discharge with a mixture of active use and modern standby. The active use portion consists of (1) a web browsing test accessing 8 popular websites over multiple open tabs, (2) a productivity test utilizing Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, and (3) a portion of time with the device in use with idle applications. All settings were default except screen brightness was set to 150nits with Auto-Brightness disabled. Wi-Fi was connected to a network. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage and other factors.
>>