Surface Pro 7 (i7, 16GB, 512GB) - Battery Life?

Anonymous
2019-11-04T13:14:39+00:00

I picked up a Surface Pro 7 on launch but I'm really struggling with the battery life, with light usage (a few office apps and a few tabs in Edge) I'm struggling to get more than 5 hours, even with Battery Saving mode on, brightness at around 20-25 and nothing running the back ground.

I've updated everything to it latest version, surely I should be seeing better battery life than this?

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-12T00:34:06+00:00

    Hi

    That's good to hear, HeyCori. Please do update us. Also, if you don't mind we would like to know on what  are those updates that you uninstalled. 

    Please keep us posted.

    Regards,

    Edd

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-11T12:16:53+00:00

    Battery seems to be better after uninstalling those updates.  I'll monitor it before going through all those steps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-11-10T23:58:59+00:00

    Hi HeyCori, have you tried installing the drivers and firmware that I recommended? And my last suggestion is is lower down the battery level to 10% then charge up to 100% without using the device. Once done, set the brightness to 50%, do not connect any accessories, unplug the PSU, connect to Wi-FI and watch a High Definition Movie? Also, how much battery are you getting? What where the applications used and the accessories connected when the battery dropped? Do you see high CPU usage in Task Manager?

    Looking forward for your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-11-08T18:09:31+00:00

    I have the i3 version and I'm also noticing quick battery drain.  In fact, after installing the most recent cumulative updates, the battery icon was bugged and displayed the charging symbol even when not plugged in.  I've since deleted that particular update but maybe I'll play it safe and remove other updates aside from the security patches and firmware updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments