WINDOWS HOME 11 conflict with CANON MF SCAN UTILITY

Anonymous
2024-12-05T13:40:23+00:00

I reinstalled Windows 11 Home on my computer. When I start scanning with the CANON MF SCAN UTILITY program, the following message appears: "Cannot communicate with the scanner. The cable may be disconnected, or the scanner may be turned off. Check the scanner status and try again. Scanner driver will be terminated."
I reinstalled the drivers again, reset the printer, modem. The problem is not solved.

The previous installation of Windows 11 Home worked without any problems.

Canon technical support informed me that the problem is in the blocking of the Windows 11 security system from sending information via WIFI.

I see that there are enough similar messages, but there is no solution. Please help solve this.

***moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Performance and system failures***

Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Print, fax, and scan

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-12-21T15:31:34+00:00

I have been frustrated by this issue also. I bought a new desktop machine and it immediately updated and installed Win11 24H2 on it. I then installed my Canon software for my printer MF750C and the MF Scan Utility would fail with the message mentioned many times in this thread.

I have installed all the latest updates and including the one Microsoft released 12/10/2024, KB5048667, but none of that made the scanner software work.

Now today I reinstalled just the drivers for the MF750C under the Imaging devices in Device Manager, and it started working, and has kept working as I think I have tested after rebooting at least 10 times today.

So bring up Device Manager, (right click on the Start Menu), expand Imaging devices, then right click your device, mine says Canon MF750C Series, (2 times). Now this part is important as I checked it twice and if you don't Disable the device first it doesn't seem to work right. So right click on the device and click Disable Device. My MF750C is listed twice here in Imaging devices, so be sure to Disable Device for both of them. Then right click on it again and select Browse my computer for drivers, then select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer. Your printer/scanner should be in the list, make sure it is selected, then click Next.

Mine then came back and said Windows has successfully updated your drivers. Make sure you do this for BOTH of the devices listed there, at least if it lists two of them. Windows does say it updated the device driver. I'm not sure what it did for sure but it did something.

It doesn't say you have to, but I then rebooted my machine before I tried the software, but then the MF Scan Utility works! It has kept working for 2 days now, and after many reboots!

I don't know if this will work for everyone but so far it has worked for me. I have no ideas what made it work today.

Microsoft and Canon, (and apparently HP and Brother), need to talk and get this resolved for people!

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-22T00:08:14+00:00

    Works for me too! Everything works as it should now.

    Thank you!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-21T21:19:26+00:00

    Hallo Dale_1973,

    thank you for your advice.

    Your procedure solved my problem with the Canon scanner.

    After I reinstalled the driver for the Canon MF750CDW, I have restarted my Laptop and I can still scan a document with the Canon MF Scan Utility software.

    So it has also worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Reported
    Anonymous
    2024-12-11T16:34:16+00:00

    I have exactly the same problem, Windows 11 24H2 and the network scanner is not working

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-11T00:33:39+00:00

    Jacen Wang,

    I just purchased an XPS 8960 from DELL. Windows 11 Pro. Am receiving the same error message. Followed your advice as well with no change. Need help. Printer was and is working. Scanner wasn't and still won't. All this worked find on my XPS 8930 Win 10 machine. Please help!

    -- Paul Ahrens

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments