Windows 10 Kiosk Mode-Edge: Restrictions Error Message and Idle Timeout Configuration Issue

Buck Mulligan 31 Reputation points
2022-07-26T16:02:28.15+00:00

Hello,

Issue One: Restriction Error Message

Configuration: I have configured a Windows 10 workstation to run the Edge browser in kiosk mode through assigned access. Edge is set to run as a digital sign.

Issue: Every time the workstation restarts and launches into kiosk mode a restrictions error appears: "The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

I followed the advice recommended in this thread, but this did not resolve the issue.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-in-kiosk-mode/bba00edc-c062-4888-91d8-6cc8f27da03a

Second Issue: Idle Timeout for Under 5 Minutes

I have attempted to customize the idle timeout of this kiosk to under 5 minutes (5 minutes is the smallest time interval in the assigned access gui) by editing the setting in local group policy:

Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Microsoft Edge>Configure Kiosk Mode>0 (full screen/digital signage)

Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Microsoft Edge>Configure Kiosk reset after idle timeout>1

I have also tried editing these settings in the registry.

The idle remains set at 5 minutes, though.

Thank you for your assistance.

Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Other

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.