Take a look at the following website and follow steps there:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/fix-problems-with-apps-from-microsoft-store-93ed0bcf-9c12-3df6-6dda-92ec5d0415ac
Run Windows Update and download and install all updates.
In the installer page of the application in the Microsoft Store , you shall see option to contact support and make sure report these issues.
You may open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report these issues.
Facebook Messenger app and windows standalone can´t enter text
After last update I can´t tye any text into Facebook Messenger Windows store app or standalone Facebook Messenger application
Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Other
Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
11 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Reza-Ameri 45,901 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2021-12-06T16:31:11.503+00:00 -
Little_LerroYY 1 Reputation point
2021-12-07T05:31:22.963+00:00 I would also like to add you cannot type anything to anyone. However you can right click and paste items in.
-
Little_LerroYY 1 Reputation point
2021-12-07T07:29:09.957+00:00 I think its not releated to the microsoft store. You can download the new messenger app from facebook themselves, Messenger.132.0.0.12.119.exe. The standalone app also has the same problem
-
maverick71 11 Reputation points
2021-12-29T20:19:32.95+00:00 Hello!
I have the same issue on my private Win10 laptop of the last version 21H1 and latest updates. The problem appeared in October or November.
The App still works on my second install on my Laptop, which runs with WIN 11, and it does also have no issue on my business PC on Win10Pro 21H1. (also uninstalled and installed again, so newest app versions).
I assume that somewhat specific on my Win10 Home 21H1 is wrong. but what? I also have tries all what i was reading here and more (Filesystem and Systemfile Check and repair).
No matter if it is the Store app or the executable installer.
I can´t type anything into textfields. It appered sometime stated above, then i logged out, and then it was neither possible to login by entering email address and password. Can´t type them also, no reation.
If anyone has an idea?
Greetings....
-
Limitless Technology 40,116 Reputation points2022-01-05T10:40:46.907+00:00 Hello JaroslavHuba-0167,
Thank you for your question.
I believe the best thing to do is remove the update that was made and wait a few days to install it again.
To remove the update follow the instructions below:
Instructions: go to settings> update and security> click View update history> at the top of the screen click Uninstall updates> when opening the new screen look for the newly installed update and then right click on it and select Uninstall, wait for the process is complete and then restart your computer to complete the uninstallation completely.
Also, if the update was in-app only, I recommend that you remove the app and reinstall it again.
If the answer is helpful, please vote positively and accept the answer.