Can I turn Hibernation and Windows fast startup on?
Unexpected Blue Screen happens frequently
I have a Windows 10 pc (Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 21H1, OS Build 19043.1348).
It always gives me a blue screen error.
It gives me "Unexpected Store Exception" almost every time when I power on my computer. (I hibernated it, if I shut it down, nothing happens)
Now, when I host a Zoom meeting, the sound from the speaker is weird (like burrrrrrrrrrrrrr non-stop with the sound from zoom) after a few minutes, the whole PC is freezing and then you know, blue screen with louder burrrrrrrrrrrr sound until I hard shut down it. (This time is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)
The most recent minidump file is when I host the Zoom meeting. Link here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iu8rYrkTTXYp1jjvfLKH9HTcS1iFAPLJ/view?usp=sharing
Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Other
47 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Docs 16,871 Reputation points
2021-12-01T08:57:59.903+00:00 This was posted in an earlier thread from the collected log files:
Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.
Windows fast startup problems are common causes of hangs.
So for the week please keep both hibernation and Windows fast start up off.
If the computer is stable then you can turn hibernation back on.
However if either hibernation or windows fast startup become problems again then you may need to power off the computer.
When the computer is powered off it will display unexpected shutdowns and restarts in the event viewer.
So for the week if the computer is stable there will be no unexpected shutdowns and restarts in the log files.
If you need to power off the computer during this week of monitoring then record the date and time and comment into this thread.
.
.
.
.
.Please remember to vote and to mark the replies as answers if they help.
On the bottom of each post there is:
Propose as answer = answered the question
On the left side of each post: Vote = a helpful post
.
.
.
.
. -
yj.c 1 Reputation point
2021-12-01T09:09:55.897+00:00 Okay, I just need to reconfirm the procedure.
- Remove the existing viewable RAM.
- Monitor one week.
- Buy a compatible RAM.
- Install it.
- Monitor one week.
- Turn on Hibernation and Windows fast startup.
- Monitor one week.
- Done.
During monitoring week, I need to record the time and date every time I power on/off the computer.
-
Docs 16,871 Reputation points
2021-12-01T09:31:10.43+00:00 No.
Don't purchase any RAM until it is determined that the 2nd RAM module is the problem.
Monitor the notebook for one week with only the RAM module attached to the motherboard.
If the computer is stable then 7 days is typically sufficient to monitor for computer problems.
If there are no computer problems with only the RAM attached to the motherboard and while the second module is uninstalled then you can conclude that the uninstalled RAM or the motherboard DIMM was the cause of the problems.
You can then reinstall the RAM to see if it was simply a seating problem or whether it was related to the mismatched and overclocked RAM.
Once you've concluded that there was instability with the second RAM module and stability without the second RAM module then shop for replacement RAM.
While you're shopping for replacement RAM you can turn on hibernation.
Turning on hibernation also turns on Windows fast startup.
If there are problems related to hibernation again then it can be turned off.
When the new RAM is available you'll install it and monitor the computer again for stability / instability.
If the computer is stable that that will conclude the troubleshooting.
If the computer is unstable with the new RAM then run Memtest86.
.
.
.
.
.Please remember to vote and to mark the replies as answers if they help.
On the bottom of each post there is:
Propose as answer = answered the question
On the left side of each post: Vote = a helpful post
.
.
.
.
. -
yj.c 1 Reputation point
2021-12-02T04:23:58.533+00:00 I saw only one RAM is viewable and its Kingston's RAM. You said that the Micron RAM is overclocked but it may be under the keyboard.
So, should I pull out the whole motherboard to find the overclocked Micron RAM, or I should take out the Kingston's RAM first?