Unexpected Blue Screen happens frequently

yj.c 1 Reputation point
2021-11-23T09:01:11.193+00:00

I have a Windows 10 pc (Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 21H1, OS Build 19043.1348).

It always gives me a blue screen error.

It gives me "Unexpected Store Exception" almost every time when I power on my computer. (I hibernated it, if I shut it down, nothing happens)

Now, when I host a Zoom meeting, the sound from the speaker is weird (like burrrrrrrrrrrrrr non-stop with the sound from zoom) after a few minutes, the whole PC is freezing and then you know, blue screen with louder burrrrrrrrrrrr sound until I hard shut down it. (This time is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

The most recent minidump file is when I host the Zoom meeting. Link here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iu8rYrkTTXYp1jjvfLKH9HTcS1iFAPLJ/view?usp=sharing

Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Other
0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. yj.c 1 Reputation point
    2021-12-01T05:00:03.737+00:00

    I didn't overclock my computer, and I didn't heard about XMP (I found that it is related to overclocking RAM).

    Can I replace the Micron RAM with a new one?
    If can, please tell me which RAM is compatible with my computer.

    The original computer come with 4GB RAM, and I got a 4GB free RAM from Harvey Norman and they installed it.
    Maybe the Micron RAM is the free RAM.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Docs 16,871 Reputation points
    2021-12-01T05:38:40.633+00:00

    See this link at approximately 2 minutes time period:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDylqnmNPoY

    One RAM module is visible.
    The other is probably under the keyboard.

    Some computer have RAM soldered to the motherboard but most RAM are easily popped out and replaced.

    If the posts are helpful there is an upvote for each post.

    There is also an option to indicate if answered.

    These can help new viewers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  3. yj.c 1 Reputation point
    2021-12-01T06:00:33.993+00:00

    If I replace with a new RAM, will it resolve the BSOD error?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. yj.c 1 Reputation point
    2021-12-01T06:09:03.467+00:00

    The new RAM should be DDR4 SODIMM and speed 2666 mhz, right?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. Docs 16,871 Reputation points
    2021-12-01T06:20:13.743+00:00

    It's a trial and error step.

    Before replacing RAM you can use just one module at a time for testing purposes.

    Some RAM manufacturers have lifetime guarantees.

    And some have guaranteed compatibility.

    The owners manual may have information about the maximum RAM GB per motherboard DIMM.

    With the drive eliminated by the normal test results the focus is on the RAM / Motherboard.

    Had you had an external HD or flash drive connected on 11/16

    For the RAM:
    a) return overclocks to stock
    b) turn off XMP
    c) use matching RAM modules that are on the computer manufacturer support list (or RAM manufacturer support list)
    d) test RAM modules with Memtest86 for two tests of four passes each

    On the left side of each post is an up arrow with a 0.
    If this is clicked it will move from 0 to 1 and indicate that you found the post useful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.