I had an email of hotmail.com, but I forget my password.

mxzou 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T14:54:27.29+00:00

dear Sir/Madam, I had an email of hotmail.com, but I forget my password. I can not get back my password because the security email @yahoo.com.cn, which has been stopped many years ago. to be worse, I am not able to correctly provide information such as safety answers as I really forget it . can you pls help me? this email box is important to me as it has important memory to me and is also the registered mail box of my facebook account ( I am trying to get my facebook account back as I am trying to contact some of my oversea friends). pls let me know how can i provide information for identification.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email
0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-10-03T14:54:43.5833333+00:00

    Use the Microsoft account recovery flow. The supported options are:

    1. Start with the Sign-in Helper tool. It checks the account details entered and tells what to do next.
    2. If the password is forgotten, use Reset password and try the available verification options.
    3. If the old recovery email is no longer accessible and the verification options cannot be used, complete the Account recovery form.

    For the recovery form, provide as much information as possible:

    • old passwords that may have been used on the account
    • exact email subject lines from messages sent or received
    • names of contacts that were emailed from that account
    • older account details that may have been used when the account was first created
    • if possible, complete the form from a device and location previously used to sign in, such as the usual home or office device/network

    Important limits:

    • If two-step verification is turned on and none of the alternate verification methods are accessible, the account cannot be recovered through support.
    • Support agents are not allowed to send password reset links or change account details.

    If the username and password have stopped working, or the account is not recognized, check the email address carefully, including the domain, and try any other alias or phone number that may be on the account. If the account still cannot be found, use Contact support.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

  2. mxzou 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-03T14:55:31.27+00:00

    the account is ******@hotmail.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. mxzou 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-03T14:58:31.3133333+00:00

    Is there phone service I can dial to get help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.