I am having issues uninstalling Microsoft office completely

Paul DeVita 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T12:43:38.2966667+00:00

I want to clean office off my laptop so I can install a newer version, but it is not letting me remove everything.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. TaoLi 113.9K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-03T13:19:27.45+00:00

    Hi,if the usual uninstall isn’t working, try Microsoft’s Office uninstall troubleshooter:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/uninstall-office-from-a-pc-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8

    Under “Uninstall Microsoft 365 or Office with the uninstall troubleshooter,” click Uninstall, then allow it to open Get Help. Follow the prompts and restart your laptop before installing the newer version.

    This tool requires Windows 10 or later and currently can’t uninstall Office 2024. If that’s your version, or the tool still fails, let me know which Office version you’re removing and any error message you see.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. John Korchok 236.4K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-03T14:46:21.2766667+00:00

    I've never found uninstallation to be necessary with modern versions of Office. Installing a newer version cleans up the remnants of the old edition.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.