Hacked account

xander hodges 0 Reputation points
2026-09-28T06:59:54.66+00:00

My Microsoft personal account was compromised by malware. The attacker changed the password, replaced the MFA/security methods, and my original sign-in email now returns “Microsoft account does not exist.” I still have evidence of the account through Minecraft/Xbox activity, previous sign-in alerts, purchase history, and devices. The automated Sign-in Helper does not detect the takeover and the recovery form will not accept my former alias. I need a compromised-account support case opened. This happened to all my linked accounts.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft 365 Defender | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Aaron Mathias 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-28T07:23:20.6266667+00:00

    Note : I am not a Microsoft employee and the responses are based on experiences and best effort.

    Use signup.live.com to create a new account.
    Once you have a new account, you can chat with Microsoft Support about your options.

    If this works for you, please Mark is as an Accepted/Resolved, so that it can aid others as well

    If some part has worked, please add additional notes, so that I(Community) can provide additional support based on additional information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.