Thank you. Yes, I already have a iFixit notification when back in stock established. I suspect they are "waiting" on fresh inventory as is Microsoft. I am concerned that this part has reached end of life production.
Surface Laptop 4 - Some keys are failing
The OEM version of a Surface Laptop 4 full sized keyboard seems to be out of stock. Does anyone have an alternative supplier of similar quality keyboard that is known to be 100% compatible?
Surface | Accessories | Surface mice and keyboards
2 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Norah-L 11,245 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-09-27T00:11:16.1866667+00:00 Good day Mark,
I could not find a third-party supplier whose replacement keyboard can be guaranteed as 100% compatible. The safest alternative is iFixit, which Microsoft lists as a partner source for genuine Surface replacement parts, although availability may vary.
Note: iFixit is a third-party website, so Microsoft is not responsible for its availability, purchases, or support.
Before ordering, please check the model number printed underneath the laptop near the hinge. Surface Laptop 4 keyboards differ by:
- 13.5-inch or 15-inch model
- Metal or Alcantara keyboard deck
- Color and regional key layout
- Exact model number, such as 1950, 1951, 1953, 1958, 1959, or 1979
I suggest searching iFixit using the exact model number or contacting a Microsoft Authorized Service Provider to check whether they can source the correct assembly. If buying through eBay, Amazon, or another parts seller, ask the seller to confirm compatibility in writing and choose one that accepts returns.
Avoid listings described only as compatible with “Surface Laptop 3/4,” since that does not confirm that the size, deck material, connectors, and keyboard layout match your device.
Hope this could help. Feel free to post back if you need more clarification!
Kind regards.