OneNote autocorrects are missing

xx No 40 Reputation points
2026-09-24T11:01:59.3366667+00:00

I have been adding and using custom OneNote autocorrects under the proofing section. But today, I found most of my manually added terms are missing. Word seems to have the autocorrects in-tact.

Other details:

  • Used on windows, OneNote app version 2608
  • I have 2 accounts on my OneNote - a school account and a personal one. Both are missing the autocorrects and have the same 3 custom ones left. I need both accounts to access different notebooks
Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | Other | Windows
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Lucus-V 13,230 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-09-24T17:08:32.2733333+00:00

Hi xx No,

I'm sorry to hear that your custom AutoCorrect entries have gone missing. I can understand how frustrating that would be, especially if you've built up a large list over time.

Since you mentioned that the entries still appear to be intact in Word, this suggests the AutoCorrect data may not have been completely lost and that the issue could be specific to OneNote or related to a recent application update.

To help narrow this down, could you please confirm:

  • Did the issue begin after a recent Microsoft 365 or OneNote update?
  • If you open AutoCorrect Options from Word, do you still see the missing entries listed there?
  • Have you tried signing out of OneNote and then signing back in?
  • Does the same issue occur on any other device, or only on this Windows device?

These details may help determine whether this is a OneNote-specific issue, a profile-related problem, or a temporary issue introduced by a recent update.

Thank you, and I look forward to your reply.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.