I cancelled last month. Please refund the €99 charged today. I cannot afford it.

Amir Azari 0 Reputation points
2026-09-21T06:29:11.19+00:00

Hello,

I’m contacting you regarding the €99 payment that was taken from my PayPal account this morning for my Microsoft 365 subscription.

I had already requested to cancel my subscription on the Microsoft website about a month ago because I no longer need Word or Microsoft 365. Unfortunately, it seems that my cancellation was not processed, and I was charged €99 today.

I am asking you to please refund the full €99 back to my PayPal account. I did not intend to renew the subscription, and I have no need for this service.

I also cannot afford this €99 payment at the moment, so I would really appreciate it if you could make an exception and refund the full amount.

Please process the refund and confirm that my subscription is cancelled so that I will not be charged again.

Thank you for your help.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | iOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lychee-Ng 28,910 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-21T10:51:03.89+00:00

    I’m so so so sorry this happened to you, Amir Azari.

    If you already tried to cancel before the renewal, I understand why seeing another charge would be frustrating, especially with an amount you cannot afford. Unfortunately, Microsoft Q&A is just a user-to-user support forum, and contributors here don’t have access to the billing system nor the ability to process any refund.

    For a Microsoft 365 subscription purchased directly from Microsoft, my recommendation is to contact the support team for immediate help. They are the only one who can verify your information and confirm if refund is applicable for your situation. Please follow the steps below:

    • Sign in to your Microsoft account at Services & subscriptions page.
    • Find the Microsoft 365 subscription > select Manage > click Cancel subscription.
    • Make sure you see Turn on recurring billing (meaning it's set to expire and should not renew)
    • Click Refund if it's offered. If not, contact Microsoft Support to check for Microsoft 365 refund eligibility:
      • Visit Contact Us - Microsoft Support > sign into your account
      • Enter / choose an issue > click Get Help > scroll down > click Contact Support
      • Select "Billings and payments..." > continue and you should reach the chat in browser option.

    User's image

    Note: The support contact team only works at certain times, so if the last window shows that it's unavailable, try opening it again the next day. If you prefer phone support, you can leave a phone number. This way, they can call you and help you.  

    Since the €99 was charged now, I recommend requesting the refund right away. Microsoft’s subscription refund policy says the most recent recurring billing charge may qualify for a refund.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.