A web-based tool in Microsoft 365 that enables users to quickly create surveys, quizzes, polls, and feedback forms.
- Name the column Converted number.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Every time I input any number in a Microsoft Form, the response automatically adds a single quote (') before the number. This breaks the formula I create. Is there a way to automatically remove the symbol?
A web-based tool in Microsoft 365 that enables users to quickly create surveys, quizzes, polls, and feedback forms.
Enforce Number Ristrictions in MS forms
Hi @Nina
I was unable to reproduce the behavior in a test form, as the numeric responses appeared correctly in Excel. Could you please confirm whether you are opening the live workbook linked to the form or downloading a new Excel copy? Also, does this occur with every numeric question and in both Excel for the web and the desktop application?
If possible, please create a new test form with a Text question set to Restrictions > Number, submit a few test responses, and check whether the same apostrophe appears. This will help determine whether the behavior is specific to the original form or its linked workbook.
In the meantime, you can use a helper column to convert the responses into numbers:
Feel free to share the requested details when convenient. I look forward to hearing from you.