Cannot access the renewal assessment for my active Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate

Nikos kantzelis 0 Reputation points
2026-09-20T22:47:04.4233333+00:00

I am unable to access the renewal assessment for my active Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate certification (is not retired). Microsoft Learn displays conflicting information: my Credentials page confirms that I hold the certification and offers renewal, but the renewal page states that I must earn the certification before I can renew it.

Certification details:

  • Certification: Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate
  • Related exam: DP-300 -> Administering Microsoft Azure SQL Solutions
  • Earned on: December 23, 2025
  • Expires on: December 24, 2026

On my Credentials page, the certification is marked “Active” and “Online Verifiable.” It displays a “Renew” button alongside “Extend to December 24, 2027.”

However, clicking “Renew” opens the corresponding renewal page, which displays “Certification required” and the message: “You’ll need to earn this certification before you’re eligible to renew it.” The “Take the renewal assessment” button is disabled.

I am so frustrated. Please help/advise.

Community Center | Not monitored
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Gérard Oomens 132.4K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-20T23:08:09.3466667+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.