Outlook account

Keith Gaines 0 Reputation points
2026-09-20T22:09:23.6666667+00:00

I just installed a new computer and set up my email account yesterday. This is not a new account I have used this account for many years. I logged in today and found all my emails were gone deleted. I found them in a deleted file folder, but I cannot get them restored to my inbox. Can someone please help me with this situation there are documents. I have there that I must complete and have done tomorrow or else I’m in or of trouble.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jhun Buala 5,810 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-20T23:44:10.9066667+00:00

    Hi Kieth,

    Good day. It's a good thing that your mails are still on the deleted items.

    1. Open Deleted Items.
    2. Select the messages you need:
    3. Press Ctrl + A to select all messages in the folder, or
    4. Select the first message, hold Shift, and select the last one to select a range.
    5. Choose Move (or Move to) and select Inbox.
    6. If Move isn't available, try right-clicking the selected messages and choosing Move > Inbox.

    If you cannot move these mails thru your Outlook App, try to do this on Outlook web first.

    I hope this helps

    Regards,
    Jhun

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. AI answer

    2026-09-20T22:09:39.4333333+00:00

    If the messages are already in Deleted Items, they can be moved back to Inbox in Outlook.com or Outlook on the web:

    1. Open Deleted Items.
    2. Select the message or messages to restore.
    3. On the ribbon, select Move.
    4. Choose Inbox. If needed, select Select a different folder and then choose Inbox.
    5. If a message was marked as junk, open Junk Email, select it, and choose Report > Not junk.

    If the messages are not in Deleted Items anymore:

    1. In the left pane, select Deleted Items.
    2. At the top of the message list, next to Recover items deleted from this folder, select Recover.
    3. Select the messages.
    4. Select Restore.

    For Outlook.com and Outlook on the web, restored items go back to their original folder when possible. If the original folder no longer exists, messages are restored to Inbox.

    Important details:

    • Email is automatically deleted from Deleted Items after 30 days.
    • Items removed from Deleted Items are recoverable for 30 days.
    • If using a mobile browser, the Recoverable Items folder cannot be accessed there; use a PC or Mac.

    If messages keep returning to Deleted Items or cannot be moved, check Outlook on the web in a browser and try the same steps there.


    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.