Cannot wirelessly display my Windows 11 laptop on my TV.

Daniel Watters 0 Reputation points
2026-09-20T18:13:22.9266667+00:00

|| | -------- | Operating system

|| | -------- | Windows 11, 64-bit

Operating system

|| || Windows 11, 64-bit

|| || Connection goal

|| || Mirror or cast the laptop screen to a TV wirelessly

 

Question

I am trying to connect my Windows 11 laptop to my TV wirelessly so that I can display the laptop screen on the TV.

When I search for Bluetooth devices, my TV appears. If I select it, both devices display a pairing message asking me to confirm that the PIN is the same. However, I can see the pairing message on the TV only when the laptop and TV are connected with an HDMI cable. I select Pair on the TV and Connect on the laptop, but the wireless connection does not begin.

If I disconnect the HDMI cable and set the TV input to regular TV mode, the TV displays No signal. I also tried the casting option on the laptop, but the TV does not appear in the list of available wireless displays.

Troubleshooting already attempted

·        I removed the TV from Settings > Bluetooth & devices and paired it again.

·        I confirmed the PIN shown on both devices.

·        I tried connecting with and without the HDMI cable.

·        I tried using the Windows casting feature, but the TV was not detected.

 

Questions

Does Bluetooth pair support screen mirroring, or must both devices support Miracast and another wireless-display technology? Which TV input or built-in app should I use, and how can I determine whether my laptop and TV support the required feature?

System information

·        Laptop: Windows 11, 64-bit

·        Office: Microsoft 365 installed

·        TV make and model: Phillips 4K TV.

·        Laptop make and model: Microsoft HP

·        Connection type wanted: Wireless screen mirroring, without HDMI.

Thank you for any help or step-by-step instructions.

 

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Display and graphics
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-20T18:51:13.53+00:00

    Bluetooth pairing is not what Windows uses for screen mirroring. The TV appearing under BT only means Windows can pair with it for whatever Bluetooth functions the TV supports; it does not establish a video connection.

    Win11 normally uses Miracast/Wifi Direct for wireless display. Microsoft’s supported method is Windows + K and selecting a Miracast-compatible display. Since the TV is not showing up, I would like to review something on the computer first before any conclusion can be made:

    On your computer, type cmd in the search on the taskbar to open Command Prompt, then run this command:

    netsh wlan show drivers
    

    When the result returns, look for something similar to this:

    Wireless Display Supported: Yes (Graphics Driver: Yes, Wi-Fi Driver: Yes)

    I want to know what yours says.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. AI answer

    2026-09-20T18:13:53.2633333+00:00

    Bluetooth pairing does not establish wireless screen mirroring. For wireless display, Windows uses Cast / Wireless display or dock, not standard Bluetooth device pairing.

    For the scenario described, use this check-and-fix path:

    1. Try Cast instead of Bluetooth pairing
      • Select Network on the taskbar.
      • Select Cast.
      • If the TV or wireless display adapter appears, select it to connect.
      • If it does not appear, Windows is not detecting it as a wireless display.
    2. Remove any previous wireless display entry and reconnect
      • Go to Start > Settings > Bluetooth & devices.
      • Under Wireless displays & docks, select the display/adapter name.
      • Select More options > Remove device.
      • Select Add device.
      • Select Wireless display or dock and try again.
    3. Make sure Bluetooth is on
      • Select Start > Settings > Bluetooth & devices.
      • Confirm Bluetooth is turned on.
      • Bluetooth can also be checked from the taskbar quick settings by selecting the Network, Sound, or Battery icon.
    4. Make sure Airplane mode is off
      • Select the Network, Sound, or Battery icons on the taskbar.
      • Confirm Airplane mode is off.
    5. Change Bluetooth discovery to Advanced
      • Go to Start > Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Devices.
      • Under Device settings > Bluetooth devices discovery, choose Advanced.
    6. Check the wireless network adapter band setting
      • Open Device Manager.
      • Expand Network adapters.
      • Right-click the Wi-Fi adapter and select Properties > Advanced.
      • Under Property, select Band.
      • Under Value, select Auto > OK.
      • The Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter requires the 2.4GHz band enabled during pairing.
      • Note: changing adapter properties may require administrator access.
    7. Allow Wireless Display through Windows Firewall
      • Search for allow firewall and open Allow an app through Windows Firewall.
      • Find Wireless Display.
      • Make sure both Private and Public are selected.
      • Select OK.
      • Note: firewall changes may require administrator access.
    8. Update or reinstall the graphics driver if Cast still fails
      • In Device Manager, expand Display adapters.
      • Right-click the Intel HD Graphics driver and select Uninstall device.
      • Restart the PC.
      • Go to Start > Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Add device.
      • Select Wireless display or dock and try reconnecting.
      • Warning: uninstalling a display driver is a system change and may temporarily affect display behavior until Windows reinstalls it.
    9. Run Bluetooth troubleshooting for general pairing issues
      • On Windows 11, run the automated Bluetooth troubleshooter in the Get Help app.

    About TV input or app selection: the available material confirms that Windows wireless display should be initiated through Cast or Wireless display or dock on the PC side. It does not provide TV-model-specific steps for Philips TV input selection or built-in apps.

    About feature support: the available material supports that wireless display requires detection as a wireless display or dock through Cast. If the TV only appears as a Bluetooth device and never appears under Cast, that indicates Bluetooth pairing alone is not the screen-mirroring path in Windows.


    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.