Microsoft purchasing issue

Ibrahim Hijazi 0 Reputation points
2026-09-20T13:03:20.17+00:00

I have $30 USD already redeemed in my Microsoft account balance. I friend of mine gifted me Microsoft gift card with US region my laptop setting is US region. However, my Microsoft account region is Lebanon, but I want to purchase Minecraft for PC. The Store gives me PI-InternalError and I cannot add a preferred billing address. Can you tell me whether my existing balance can be used to purchase Minecraft, or what I need to do? Did i lose the 30$ and wont be able to use them?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-20T13:51:55.18+00:00

    You did not lose the $30. Once redeemed, the balance stays in your Microsoft account and normally does not expire.

    The issue here is the region mismatch. Your $30 balance is in USD/US region, while your Microsoft account is set to Lebanon. Changing the Windows region to US does not change the billing region of your Microsoft account.

    Microsoft account balance is region-specific and cannot be transferred or converted to another region. This is why you are getting PI-InternalError and cannot add the billing address.

    If you actually live in the US now, you can change your Microsoft account country/region to the US and add a valid US billing address:

    If you are still located in Lebanon, I would not change the region simply to use the US balance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.