Stop Win 11 Pro File Explorer from dropping the TotaDefense Security scanner/Malware extensions in Context Menu.

Gary Law 0 Reputation points
2026-09-20T11:10:03.0933333+00:00

I have use the Total Defense security suite for a long period of time through its various interations. It seems to a standard install. I have noted, of late, that the Total Defense menu item and its two sub-menu items have/are being deleted from the right-click Context menu in the File Explorer. I have been in contact with the Total Defense team and they are at a minor loss as to why their menu items are being dropped. I have followed their procedure of running a powershell process and a Zip file to reinstate the missing menu item/s. To date these processes have not re-initialised the Total Defense menu item/s in the Right-click Context menu list of the File Explorer. I have removed the Security package and reinstalled it to see if the menu item/s were reinstalled. They were reinstalled during the first attempt but some weeks later I found the menu item/s were missing again. As at Sept 20 2026, I have deleted and reinstalled the Total Defense security suite again on 2 PCs as per the instructions of the Total Defense team. The menu item/s have reappeared again. I will try to keep a day-by-day note on how long the menu items are in place till next deletion.

This problem is also happening on a second PC in the household.

Computers x 2: AMD 64 3500+ CPU, 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD Storage drives. Win 11 Pro 25H2

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-20T11:48:07.6633333+00:00

    Click your Start Button, then just type cmd and on the resulting list, right click Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'.

    Paste this into Command Prompt and press Enter.

    regsvr32 /i "C:\Program Files\Total Defense\Internet Security\fsscanwizardcontextmenu_64.dll"

    When that command completes, close Command Prompt and restart your PC to apply the change.

    Then check if that resolves the problem, also, you may need to click 'Show More Options' on the context menu to see the entries on the menu.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.