GroupMe Impersonation and Fraud Reports Unresolved After Nearly a Year, How Can I Escalate?

rich b 0 Reputation points
2026-09-20T07:48:00.17+00:00

Hi, I’ve been dealing with someone using my name and photo on a separate GroupMe account for nearly a year. They own a large university group and have allegedly been using my identity to sell fake tickets.

I’ve reported the account numerous times and contacted support with screenshots, but I keep getting told there’s no violation.

My actual account has not been hacked. Someone is impersonating me.

Is there a way to get this reviewed by GroupMe’s safety team? I’ve already tried the standard reporting process and can provide evidence privately. I really need help getting this resolved.

GroupMe | Chat group
GroupMe | Chat group

A customizable group messaging space within the GroupMe app, designed for seamless communication among friends, classmates, teams, or communities.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Onyx Is here 4,935 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-20T08:59:06.1333333+00:00

    Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

    However, I'm afraid that as this is an open forum no one here would be able to help with this issue. Your best bet would be to continue dealing with GroupMe Support by following the instructions at this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/groupme/how-do-i-contact-groupme-customer-services.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.