An Azure personalized recommendation engine that helps users follow best practices to optimize Azure deployments.
Azure for Students: Active Sponsorship but No Azure Subscription Available
Hello,
I am trying to use Azure for Students for a university project, but the student sponsorship appears to be active while no Azure subscription is available in the Azure Portal.
Service: Azure for Students / Azure Sponsorship
Scenario: I completed the Azure for Students process and the Azure Sponsorships portal shows my sponsorship as Active with the student credit available. According to Microsoft's Azure for Students documentation, the offer provides a $100 credit for 12 months and is associated with an Azure for Students subscription.
Problem: When I sign in to the Azure Portal and go to Subscriptions, no subscription is listed. The portal shows no subscriptions available, so I cannot create a Resource Group or deploy any Azure resources.
What I have checked:
- Azure Sponsorships shows Active.
- Azure Portal → Subscriptions shows no subscriptions.
- I checked Directories + subscriptions and there is only one available directory.
- There is no other directory containing the subscription.
- Because there is no subscription, I cannot proceed to create a Resource Group.
- I also tried the Azure support/Education support route, but it redirects me to Microsoft Engage Center and shows: “You don't have permissions to any workspaces in Engage Center.”
I found other recent Microsoft Q&A posts describing a similar situation where Azure for Students verification/sponsorship was successful but no subscription appeared in the Azure Portal.
Expected result: I should be able to access the Azure for Students subscription associated with the active sponsorship and create Azure resources.
Question: Could someone please confirm whether the Azure for Students subscription has not been provisioned correctly, and advise how I can get the subscription created or attached to my account?
I can provide screenshots showing the Active Sponsorship and Subscriptions → no subscriptions state if needed.
Thank you.