finding my identifier when it says some settings are controlled by the system administrator....which is me.

debd 0 Reputation points
2026-09-19T23:01:05.92+00:00

I want to find the identifier on my computer, but when I go to bitlocker settings I get a message that says some settings are managed by your system administrator....which is me. how can I log in as an administrator to find this information?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. SD - IA 180K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-20T00:08:13.2033333+00:00

    Hi,

    Despite you being the admin, Windows can display this message. This might be because of any Work or School account configured on the PC. May I know if there is one?

    Please keep me posted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.