Unaccessible conversations and related data since Copilot standalone app was discontinued.

David Gourley 0 Reputation points
2026-09-19T22:23:01.4166667+00:00

Up until the last few days I have been using both the Copilot app from the app store and the Microsoft 365 Copilot using the same email for both but creating different conversations and content in each.

Two days ago I noticed in the app version chat I kept getting a message like "I can't answer that at the moment, try again later. I was in the middle of very important work and had a lot of information I need both in the conversation and saved files and sources.

This kept occuring which lead to me following instruction to uninstall the app and then reinstall if deleting cache and storage didn't work, which it didn't.

Then when I go back to play store to reinstall the app it says it's been discontinued and to download and sign into the 365 version. Supposedly the data and conversations would be merged.

But when I signed out of the 365 version and back in again I'm not seeing all the app version conversation, project folder or other data from it and cannot discover a way of getting it back or able to get chatting or talking to customer service.

Can anyone help me?

Microsoft Copilot | Microsoft 365 Copilot | Development

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.