It's very, very strange. For this OS option, even if reinstalled, it is activated automatically using a key from the BIOS. I recommend contacting a Microsoft support specialist in a live chat. He will have the opportunity to remotely connect to your PC (with your permission) and deal with the problem on the spot. To do this, use the Technical Support app. In the search box, type "agent support" and press Enter. Ignore the search results, and click on the "Contact Support" button at the bottom. Select "Windows" and "Technical Support" from the drop-down lists on the next page, and then click on "Confirm". Next, select the chat. Wait for the specialist's response and describe the situation to him. After checking the license, activation will be restored.
How can activate my windows when it deactivated itself.
Hi, I ordered a prebuilt pc and after using it for about a year my windows have been deactivated for some reason. I have the product key, I got it from ShowKeyPlus, but I just don't know what to do because even when I typed it in the change thing under activation status it still didn't work. Also, the troubleshooting keeps running into an error. Please help me fix this
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Licensing and activation
9 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Alexandr S 106.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-09-20T15:11:34.43+00:00 -
Alexandr S 106.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-09-20T03:57:43.65+00:00 I apologize for my carelessness. OEM:DM does not indicate installation by a small assembler, but rather that the OS is installed by the PC manufacturer and the key must be embedded in the BIOS. Take a screenshot of the ShowKeyPlus homepage. This one:
If the OEM key is not in the firmware (as in the screenshot example), then there is something wrong with the license.
-
Alexandr S 106.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-09-20T01:58:56.5766667+00:00 Run the commands, restart the PC and take a screenshot of the OS settings page: Settings-System-Activation.
-
Alexandr S 106.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-09-20T01:10:55.1866667+00:00 You need to run it as an Administrator:
Is this chat private or other people will be able to see our chats?
This is a public forum. You did the right thing by coloring over the information in the screenshot.